My Fedora 15 beta experiences so far

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Sat May 14 00:32:24 UTC 2011

On 05/13/2011 05:07 PM, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
>> Gnome screen saver's config panel is no where to
>> be found.
>
> Right, DPMS (in "Screen" capplet) + lock status screen makes a lot
> more sense from a power-saving perspective and use-case perspective.

What I miss is the ability to disable the power save altogether.  When I
run a virtual machine in a window alongside other windows of my host, it
is visually distracting to have the guest VM window suddenly going blank
just because I haven't been mousing over the VM window in the last few
minutes, or even an hour.  I'd rather have the guest configured to leave
its (virtual) monitor always on, and rely on the host's screen saver to
cut power to the entire screen (including VM windows) when I'm not at my
station.  But the new Screen capplet doesn't have any way to disable
screen power save for my VMs.