My F14->F15 Upgrade test results

Athmane Madjoudj athmanem at gmail.com
Sat May 14 03:33:42 UTC 2011

Hello all,

Since I can't find the wiki page to publish test results, so I've posted
the result here, sorry if it looks like SPAM.

Test Case: Upgrading F14 server to F15:

Target system configuration:

- Arch: i686
- Hardware: KVM w/virtio
- Fedora 14 i686 fully updated
- Network script instead of NetworkManager
- Network setup: DHCP / IPv4
- Postfix and SSHD installed and enabled at boot.
- Sendmail removed.

Test 1:

Method: Upgrade with Fedora-15-i386-netinst.iso
Result: PASSED
Details:
  - System is booting and halting correctly.
  - Network is working, and the configuration is the same.
  - Postfix and SSHD still running and enabled at boot.

Test 2:

Method: PreUpgrade with preupgrade-cli "Fedora 15 (Lovelock)"
Result: PASSED
Details:
  - System is booting and halting correctly, and very fast thanks to
systemd.

--
Athmane Madjoudj
RHCE