floppy drive light stays on

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon May 16 02:26:39 UTC 2011

On 2011/05/15 21:45 (GMT-0400) Jon Stanley composed:

> Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:

>>  Anyone else seeing this?  Anyone else still using a floppy drive?

> I seriously doubt you'll find many systems that *have* floppy drives
> these days, and even less people who care if they work/have lights
> that stay on/etc. Tell me that it's at least a 3.5" floppy drive :D

I have more than 30 working systems here. Only one has no floppy. Probably
80% actually work right. Making or locating a bootable floppy is a whole lot
easier than a USB stick when you also count having to screw with BIOS
settings each time a USB boot is needed, if the machine is even capable of
USB boot, which also has to be figured out.

As to the OP, I don't think any of my Rawhides actually boot any more to see
if the floppy light stays on or not. :-p

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/