Syslog not running?

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Mon May 16 20:36:40 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 21:07 +0100, Athmane Madjoudj wrote:
> On 05/16/2011 08:56 PM, James Laska wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 14:54 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> >> Bill Nottingham wrote:
> >
> > We'll still need some help to make sure this update gets appropriate
> > karma
>
> I'm on it, I've done 2 preuprades and I've not noticed that issue, my bad.

Thanks Athmane!  Note, until this arrives in 'updates-testing' (or
'updates' really) you will need do some special magic to get this
included during the upgrade.

I intend to try the following procedure ...

1) Install F14
2) Boot into F15-RC3
3) When prompted for language, hit <ctrl>z to drop into a shell
4) Manually setup a yum repo to ensure that the updated rsyslog is
included...
        $ cd /etc/anaconda.repos.d/
        $ wget
        http://jlaska.fedorapeople.org/repos/dist-f15-updates-candidate.repo
        $ exit
5) Proceed with upgrade ... and it *should* pull in the newer rsyslog
package

   *OR*

Just boot the F15-RC3 upgrade with the boot argument
"updates=http://jlaska.fedorapeople.org/699198.img" and it should do the
above steps for you.  I'm confirming now as well ...

Thanks,
James