Release criteria proposal: logging

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon May 16 20:44:18 UTC 2011

I know there's a bit of a backlog of proposed criteria changes I really
should look at, but wanted to write this one down before it escapes. Per
the thread 'Syslog not running?', I'd like to propose the following
Alpha criterion for future releases:

* A system logging infrastructure must be available, enabled by default,
and must work as intended, and in accordance with relevant standards
accepted by the Project

(Improvements to the wording welcome, I'm trying to keep it from going
stale by not specifying particular logger implementations or file
locations)