Release criteria updates: desktop question

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue May 17 23:17:55 UTC 2011

On 05/17/2011 10:40 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Finally, I have a new proposal for the issue of 'supported' desktops,
> which is blocking another planned criterion that we've been meaning to
> add for a while. I'm now proposing the term 'release-blocking desktops':
> it's simple, it does what it says on the tin, and it doesn't imply any
> value judgments about the desktops in question. How does that sound?
>
> So all current reference to 'desktop' or 'the desktop' would be replaced
> by 'release-blocking desktops', and the proposed image size criterion
> would read:
>
> * The network installation image, DVD image, and live images for
> release-blocking desktops must meet current size requirements

Great :)

Now we just to have to decide which desktop spins are release blocking
desktops.

Are we talking about all desktop spins we have?

If not which ones?

And does that include desktop spins that get introduced during the
release cycle?

Any other gray areas we need to hash out on this topic or anyother (
best to get those done with as early as possible ).

JBG