QA 'vote' at the go/no-go meetings

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed May 18 01:16:12 UTC 2011

Hey, all. So, a concern was raised in passing at today's go/no-go
meeting that we don't have a process to elect or otherwise select
someone to represent QA at go/no-go meetings; usually myself or jlaska
will cast QA's 'vote' at this meeting. I'm not sure it makes sense to
set up a procedure just for this purpose, but what I thought would work
is this: I've edited the go/no-go meeting wiki page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Go_No_Go_Meeting

to specify the basis on which QA's 'vote' at this meeting is cast. It's
really entirely deterministic; there's no discretion involved. If there
are open unaddressed blockers, we do not approve the candidate for
release. If there are no open unaddressed blockers, we do approve the
candidate for release. There's really no wiggle room in this: any reason
we have to not approve the release should be phrased as a release
blocking bug in any case. With this in place, it really doesn't matter
who casts QA's vote, or even if anyone does; QA's position can be
inferred by anyone who knows how to work a web browser.

I hope that's acceptable to all! If not, or anyone has ideas for
improvement, do say so...