Release criteria updates: desktop question

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed May 18 10:42:05 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 15:40:21 -0700,
  Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> * A spin-kickstarts package which contains the exact kickstart files
> used to build the release must be present in the release repository. The
> included kickstarts must define the correct set of release repositories

This is tricky to do, since the ks files can change during the freeze.
This requires rebuilding the spin-kickstarts package and then getting it
in to the package set without a lot of testing. spin-kickstarts is pretty
safe to update so this probably isn't too risky. For F14, Jesse was doing
rebuilds while doing RCs. For 15 there will be a zero day update. Since
the freeze started only changes to some live images other than KDE or
Desktop (Gnome) have been made. There has been one change to LXDE since
RC3. There could potentially be changes for Soas before release as that
live image hasn't been composed yet. I don't know if the LXDE people are
planning to ask for a respin of their live image or not to get the
xscreensaver-extras package installed before the release.