Virtual box now runs Gnome 3

Joshua Andrews woodguy552010 at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 12:43:43 UTC 2011

----- Original Message ----

> On Tue May 17 21:52:29 UTC 2011 Joshua Andrews wrote:
> > It is very cool if  you are running fedora 15 in a VM on virtualbox the
> > newest version with  guest additions seems to run the gnome-shell great.
>
> Are you referring to  virtualbox as provided by rpmfusion,  so
> VirtualBox-OSE-4.0.4-1.fc15.x86_64?
> Which kind of video adaper does it  use?

I'm running virtualbox 4.0.8 on a Windows 7 machine. I have fedora 15 in  a VM.
When you install guest additions 4.0.8 it supplies several kernel  drivers
including vboxvideo and it writes a new Xorg.conf . The adapter is virtual,
generic, I think it works kind of like NAT between fedora and the Windows
adapter.