Trying to edit the (gnome-shell) system tools submenu with alacarte

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Thu May 19 06:10:10 UTC 2011

Hi,

having problems to add menu items with alacarte to the
Activities->Applications->Systemtools gnome-shell submenu: applications
added here do not appear in this submenu.

After closing alacarte and starting it again, I found these applications
in some (alacarte) submenu called "alacarte made" of the menu structure
shown by alacarte, and not by the gnome-shell.

I have the impression that alacarte's submenu "systemtools" has nothing
to do with gnome-shells submenu systemtools.

Comments?

Kind regards

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes