Feedback needed : Fedora 15 Announcement

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 16:21:48 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/19/2011 07:28 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
>> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 4:12 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_15_announcement
>>>
>>> Let me know if you have any comments.  Feel free to edit the wiki
>>> directly if needed.
>> I assume since btrfs is available without a special boot command that
>> it now has fsck? If so it might be a good thing to mention since I
>> think the lack of it has scared a lot of people off from trying it.
>
> It has a limited fsck.  A more feature rich version is under active
> development and that is the only reason it is not the default filesystem
> yet.

Two questions:
1. Do we need a Fedora specific btrfs wiki page? (I think so)
2. If so, would now be a good time to start one?

One reason why: I've seen many references to converting an EXT3/4
volume to btrfs but I couldn't find any official documentation on how
to do it.

The only wiki pages I can find related to btrfs are:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Btrfs_in_Fedora_13
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SystemRollbackWithBtrfs

Which are standalone pages.

I'm not very experienced yet on the Fedora wiki system nor am I very
familiar with the wiki guidelines but I might be willing to volunteer,
assuming some guidance would be provided.

Thanks,
Richard