without selinux

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri May 20 18:39:35 UTC 2011

cornel panceac wrote:
> ok, to put it simply i don't need it. and remove like in yum remove
> selinux\* policy\*    .
> one other reason is that the computer is not the fastest in the world
> and i don't want to waste time with yum upgrading things i don't need.

Side note: This thread is a great candidate for the user list.

You cannot remove SELinux completely from Fedora through yum. The best
you can do is set it to Disabled and exclude selinux-* and libselinux
from being upgraded. Note: Some packages may require newer SELinux
packages and may fail to update if you exclude them.

I don't see you benefiting at all from disabling/excluding SELinux.
You're best off saving your pennies for a faster computer.