fsck.btrfs? (Was Re: Feedback needed : Fedora 15 Announcement)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri May 20 20:44:05 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 13:31 -0500, Ian Pilcher wrote:
> > With the awesomeness of git-format-patch, probably not =) It's good to
> > get into the habit of providing spec fixes as git-formatted patches
> > these days, it makes it very easy on the maintainer - they can apply it
> > with a one-liner.
>
> Is there any documentation anywhere on how to do this?

pretty much this:

fedpkg co somepackage
cd somepackage/
nano my_awesome_patch.patch
nano somepackage.spec (add in my_awesome_patch.patch)
git add my_awesome_patch.patch
fedpkg commit
git log (note the ID of the commit *immediately prior* to yours)
git format-patch (commit ID you identified in the last step)

this should spit out a patch named 0001-(commitmsg), where (commitmsg)
is the commit message you gave at the 'fedpkg commit' stage. If you look
at the patch you'll see that it encapsulates your entire commit - the
changes to somepackage.spec and the added patch file. You can then send
the 0001-blah file to the package maintainer or attach it your bugzilla
report, and it's a one-liner for the package maintainer to merge your
entire change set in a nice git-friendly way, recognizing you as the
author of the change.