Window flickering issue with virtual desktops and GNOME Shell

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat May 21 16:31:13 UTC 2011

1. On first empty desktop, I start evince to display a PDF.

2. On second empty desktop, I start gnome-terminal (or Claws Mail), and
at the top of the screen below the panel the bottom of a window appears
for the fraction of a second. Perhaps with a height of 20-24 pixels.
100% reproducible and not specific to the first+second virtual desktop.

Can anyone reproduce this? x86_64 with ATI/Radeon graphics.