Missing PackageKit notification in GNOME Shell

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Sat May 21 17:06:03 UTC 2011

On 05/21/2011 11:31 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Although /usr/libexec/packagekitd is running, and I've configured the
> "Software Updates" to be checked "hourly", I'm not getting any
> notification about updates being available. Whenever I would run "yum
> update" or the graphical "Software Update" app, it would see available
> updates and offer to install them.
>
> I'm not convinced that this installation will arrive at F15 final. It is
> some Alpha/Beta install from April 4th with updates applied regularly.
> Even if I will arrive at the same packages as F15 final + zero day updates,
> it seems run-time behaviour will be different, and with a fresh install of
> F15 I will be one the safer side.

I upgraded my system from f14 to f15 at the early alpha stage and have
come to the same conclusion.  I'm going to download the release F15 when
available and replace the upgraded system with a clean install.  At
least, then I'll know what quirks are really in F15 and what are left
over from the upgrade from f13->f14->f15.

--
-- Steve