[UPDATE] Fedora 15 Security Lab Spin testing

Athmane Madjoudj athmane at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 27 16:54:20 UTC 2011

On 05/27/2011 02:53 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 14:40 +0000, Athmane Madjoudj wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've added new tests for the following applications (details [1]):
>>
>> nc (netcat)
>> Medusa
>> httping
>> Rkhunter
>>
>> [1]
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Athmane/Fedora_15_Security_Lab_Testing
>
> Do you think you could write these up as test cases, following the
> example of the existing test cases, and then categorize them as
> package-related test cases using
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_QA_SOP_package_test_plan_creation ? that would be really awesome. let me know if you need any help with it.

Yes, that exactly what I was thinking, though there's some issues:

1. The tester must have some sort of Lab so he/she can do pen-testing
without having legal trouble (brute-force, port-scan, sniffing. auditing
apps, etc can be illegal without permission ...).

2. I've noticed that ABRT is not included in Security Lab spin, which
make life harder to report bugs, especially for non-experienced.

--
Athmane Madjoudj