My Fedora 15 beta experiences so far

Pasha R pashar.ml at gmail.com
Sat May 28 19:09:14 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-05-14 at 09:47 +0600, Angel wrote:
>
>> If you click the network icon of the panel then Network Settings, that
>> ´s the different thing (dumbed down to absolute worthlessness).
>
> yeah - it's so worthless you can only connect to a typical wired or
> wireless network configuration, y'know, like probably 80-90% of all
> network connections ever. I do wish people would be less absurdly
> extremist about everything. 'It doesn't yet cover my particular use
> case' is not the same thing as 'worthless'.

Well, unfortunately, my internet provider (and all other internet
providers in my country) require me to use PPPoE to connect to
internet. And, for some unknown reason (probably something like "I
don't need it, so no one else does, too" logic) current "network
setting" application does not allow me to configure such connection.
So, yes, I can't configure my internet connection with it, which
means, it is worthless.