My Fedora 15 beta experiences so far

Scott Doty scott at ponzo.net
Tue May 31 03:21:23 UTC 2011

"Jason D. Clinton" <me at jasonclinton.com> wrote:

>It's already been explained to you that it hasn't been replaced. The
>old and new interfaces are co-deployed intentionally.

Alas, this turns out not to be the case.  My Gnome 2 panel has extensive
customizations, none of which appear in Gnome 3...fallback mode or
otherwise.

Nor does alacarte seem to have any affect on the menus in fallback mode.

If we were to regard this as intentional, it is difficult to seriously
consider the decisions made for Gnome 3 as anything but encouragement
for a diaspora to KDE ...or worse, another distro.

But I don't think these problems are intentional.

  -Scott