2011-05-30 - Fedora QA Meeting - recap

Vitezslav Humpa vhumpa at redhat.com
Tue May 31 12:47:09 UTC 2011

As always, minutes and IRC transcript available at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20110530

Topic: Security test cases from athmane
* Security test cases from athmane:
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_OpenVAS
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Rkhunter
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Nikto
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_HTTPing

Topic: Release criteria updates
* F16 pages created:
  * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_16_Alpha_Release_Criteria
  * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_16_Beta_Release_Criteria
  * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_16_Final_Release_Criteria

* a new final release criterion: A spin-kickstarts package which contains
  the exact kickstart files used  to build the release must be present in the
  release repository. The  included kickstarts must define the correct
  set of release repositories

* a new final criterion: A fedora-release package and a
  generic-release package appropriately  versioned and containing the
  correct names, information and repository  configuration for a final
  Fedora release (as opposed to a pre-release)  must be present in the
  release repository

* Tasks:
    * make sure we have tests for the new criteria:
    * Ask desktop team about changing similar menu names
    * adamw to talk to desktop teams about too-similar menu names
      (NOTE: changed to vhumpa later)

Topic: Last call for F-15 QA retrospective input
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_15_QA_Retrospective

Topic: AutoQA updates
* We have still been working on the revised logs and also merged
  depcheck "pretty" by jskladan into pretty branch.
* basically we have been finishing up stuff that we have been working
  on for three weeks now
* kparal has been reworking test.py architecture and all the tests
  along with it extensively as well as introduced changes in the e-mail
  sending
* pretty log has been changed to html and we have added a possibility
  for highlighting which will be used especially from depcheck
* Task: get back at Tim for the spam reduction updates and a time
  estimate of merging that together with the logging changes in the
  master so we can release

Topic: IPv6 Test Day
* wiki page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Day:2011-06-08_IPv6
* World IPv6 Day is happening on june 8 so we have decided to have a
  fedora IPv6 test day as well
* Task:
  * Everybody to keep in mind that ipv6 test day and trac ticket might
    need some prettying up and separating out into test cases and generally
    we should go through them to see if they are complete in time