My Fedora 15 beta experiences so far

Pasha R pashar.ml at gmail.com
Tue May 31 15:27:24 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:45 PM, Jason D. Clinton <me at jasonclinton.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 09:37, Pasha R <pashar.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yes, I am. Some people suddenly force me to either change distribution
>> or to lose access to many functions I found useful and essential, and
>> access to this functionality were one of the reasons for me to use
>> linux/fedora instead of other OS/distro combination. So, yes, I'm very
>> unhappy with either of these choices, and especially so, because I
>> don't see any logical explanation for such changes.
>
> Your unhappiness is the result of some assumption which were wrong as
> has been pointed out to you in this thread. If you have more specific
> issues about which you are unhappy, we can address those.
>
> Regardless of whether or not your unhappiness is the result of GNOME
> 3's release, unhappiness does not give you the right to insult, berate
> and abuse us on this or any other mailing list. If you have legitimate
> concerns, you can voice them without resorting to school yard behavior
> and we can try to address them.

I don't remember stating any of my assumptions in this thread.
I used RedHat/Fedora since RH7, and while some releases were less
successful than others, I never found myself in a situation where I
seriously had to look for alternatives. Initial Gnome 2 release, while
quite controversial, too, did not cause that much breakage as Gnome 3.
This Fedora release is simply too useless for me - DSL connection is
just one of many features I lost with this release (actually, it
isn't, I never used NetworkManager before as it never supported
configuration that I want to use).

I don't recall insulting anyone here either, unless you took phrase
"road to hell is paved with good intentions" as an insult. This is
actually quite well known saying meaning that good intentions not
always give good result
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_road_to_hell_is_paved_with_good_intentions)