My Fedora 15 beta experiences so far

Pasha R pashar.ml at gmail.com
Tue May 31 15:52:11 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Steven Haigh <netwiz at crc.id.au> wrote:
> On 1/06/2011 1:36 AM, Pasha R wrote:
>> Unfortunately, Jason's answers on this list and other forums I read
>> indicate unwillingness of at least some Gnome developers to listen to
>> users, but I really hope I'm wrong here.
>
> You should see some of the replies I've had over the years about bugs in
> cairo, evince and other Gnome projects! It ranges from utter contempt to
> complete ignorance.
>
> At the end of the day, just move to something that works for you and let
> some projects die the death they were meant to... :)

There are many different people among open source developers, but in
general, they are listening to their users. In fact, it is the first
time I see developers so deeply entrenched. But, discussing
personalities are really off-topic for this list.

I'm last one to wish death to Gnome project, it was great piece of
software until now, and hopefully will become even better. I think
they built very nice infrastructure that can provide better user
experience that Gnome 2 in the future.