Release criteria updates: desktop question

Adam Williamson awilliam at
Tue May 31 19:32:33 UTC 2011

> Finally, I have a new proposal for the issue of 'supported' desktops,
> which is blocking another planned criterion that we've been meaning to
> add for a while. I'm now proposing the term 'release-blocking desktops':
> it's simple, it does what it says on the tin, and it doesn't imply any
> value judgments about the desktops in question. How does that sound?
> So all current reference to 'desktop' or 'the desktop' would be replaced
> by 'release-blocking desktops', and the proposed image size criterion
> would read:
> * The network installation image, DVD image, and live images for
> release-blocking desktops must meet current size requirements

Since this part received generally positive feedback, I've gone ahead
and implemented it for the Fedora 16 criteria. The Fedora 16 Beta
criteria now include the image size criterion, and all three pages have
been revised to use the 'release-blocking desktop' wording for desktop

I have also adjusted the preamble on each page (the bit under 'Final
Release Requirements', before the actual criteria) to use a common
template, so it can't get out of sync between the three pages, and added
a definition of the term 'release-blocking desktops' to this preamble.