Heads up: impending IPv6 Test Day

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Tue May 31 19:34:16 UTC 2011

On 05/31/2011 01:28 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
>   it would also be great if those who understand what the hell they're
> doing with IPv6 could check over the Wiki page for accuracy and
> completeness.

There don't seem to be any formal test cases presently. Are there some
in drafts that I don't see listed?

For the record, my IPv6 usage case is as follows:
-Fedora server (radvd) - IPv4 ISP, using the BGP 6to4 tunnel (IPv4:
192.88.99.1, IPv6: 2002 prefix)

  - clients (NetworkManager set to "automatic" for IPv6)

When I first set this up a few years ago I had issues getting to
fedoraproject.org via IPv6. These problems magically vanished over a
period of time (as Internet routers slowly propagate 6to4 addresses).
Some sites worked, but others (such as fp.o) did not. These days the
6to4 system seems to be much better and I have not had any issues lately.

It should be noted that getaddrinfo() defaults to true IPv6, IPv4, then
6to4 in resolving DNS names. If I try to visit a site that has A and
AAAA records, Firefox will display the A site.