[Test-Announce] Fedora 16 Final Release Candidate 3 (RC3) Available Now!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Nov 1 06:03:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 01:09 -0400, Andre Robatino wrote:
> As per the Fedora 16 schedule [1], Fedora 16 Final Release Candidate 3
> (RC3) is now available for testing. Please see the following pages for
> download links (including delta ISOs) and testing instructions.
> Serverbeach1 is still available as a mirror (but with approximately a 1
> hour lag behind dl), so if you are getting a slow download, try
> replacing "dl" with "serverbeach1" in the download URL.
>
> Installation:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test
>
> Base:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Base_Test
>
> Desktop:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Desktop_Test
>
> Security Lab:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Security_Lab_Test
>
> Ideally, all Alpha, Beta, and Final priority test cases for Installation
> [2], Base [3], Desktop [4], and Security Lab [5] should pass in order to
> meet the Final Release Criteria [6]. Help is available on #fedora-qa on
> irc.freenode.net [7], or on the test list [8].

As mentioned before, we don't really need to re-do the whole set of
tests, but it'd be good to get a few done just to make sure the RC3
image hasn't gone horribly wrong somehow. The only things that should
have changed are KDE and Xfce bug fixes. To check the KDE issue, install
F15 from the KDE live spin then try upgrading with the F16 RC3 DVD; it
should work.