newegg.com and firefox on fedora 16?

Kevin Martin ktmdms at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 20:30:03 UTC 2011

On 11/03/2011 03:16 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> On 11/03/2011 03:09 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
>> Bingo! You are a genius! I had ipv6 disabled in my fedora 15
>> about:config  in firefox, on fedora 16 I had the default enabled
>> setting. When I disable it on f16, I can see the prices again.
>>
>> Apparently it can't lookup the IP for content.newegg.com
>> when ipv6 is enabled (though it can lookup everything else with
>> no obvious problem:-).
> Sorry, but IPv6 has nothing to do with your problem and changing the
> preference is just coincidental.
Hmm, don't know that I agree with that.  I've seen issues in other places with IPV6 turned on or off respectively.  Perhaps the
correct way to test that is to make sure to run firefox with all extensions turned off, IPV6 set on, see what newegg.com looks like,
turn off IPV6, checkout newegg.com again.   That way you are sure that extensions are doing something weird and can verify the
validity of IPV6 getting in the way or not.

Kevin