newegg.com and firefox on fedora 16?

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.us
Thu Nov 3 20:45:05 UTC 2011

On 11/03/2011 04:35 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> The price is ASCII text embedded in the HTML page.
Actually, if I understood correctly, what I believe he said was that the
price data was fetched and inserted into the page by JavaScript, and the
JavaScript code in question was unable to resolve the host name it
needed to contact to fetch the price.
> There is no mythical IPv6 monster eating your bytes. I hate that this
> "disabling IPv6 fixed it" myth exists.
If the host has an IPv6 address, and if either (a) the IPv6 address
isn't reachable or (b) there's something messed up in the IPv6
configuration on your end, such that /no/ IPv6 address is reachable,
then it's entirely plausible that disabling IPv6 could fix an issue like
this.

   jik