[Test-Announce] Fedora 16 Final Release Declared GOLD!

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Nov 4 14:37:33 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 23:17:21 -0700,
  Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> It'd be great if we can work with the anaconda team closely to try and
> get involved all along the line in the UI rewrite stuff, and see if that
> can reduce the pressure around release times - let's put that on the
> table for the next meeting. But it might still turn out to be a tough
> one. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas at all, please do contribute
> them! The more thinking the better.

Yeah, I think early testing will be good there. (Unfortunately, that's
not an area I am good at helping with as I mostly do yum upgrades and
run rawhide/branched continuously rather than do lots of test installs.)

It might be useful to run through the test matrices at some other points in
the release cycle to get a heads up on potential blockers with more time
on them. It seemed this release we were in crisis mode for a lot of the

> Yeah, agreed. I don't think there's any especial need for the go/no-go
> to be an entire day ahead of the release readiness meeting, in all
> honesty - it seems to work fine simply to do it earlier the same day. So
> do you think it'd be alright to suggest that as a change for the F17 and
> beyond scheduling? Every time we've decided the delay the go/no-go
> decision, that choice in itself hasn't caused any problems, as far as
> I'm aware. It simply gives us more time for validation, which is never a
> bad thing...

I am concerned with the process as executed not matching the documentation.
I'd just like to see a change codified that either allows moving the Go /
No-Go meeting when appropriate or just schedule it closer to the
readiness meeting.

More information about the test mailing list