[Test-Announce] Fedora 16 Final Release Declared GOLD!

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 19:24:25 UTC 2011

On 4 November 2011 13:06, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 11:55:00 -0700
> Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

>> > I think moving the go/no-go meetings to thursdays and moving the
>> > readyness meeting to friday is a fine plan. I think our mirroring
>> > is in shape enough to where if we stage things late thursday or
>> > friday morning we should be ok.
>> >
>> > If we do this, next cycle we should NOT do any 'two part' go/no-go
>> > meetings.
>>
>> Well, what we were thinking of was moving go/no-go without moving
>> release readiness: there's no real reason there needs to be a whole
>> day between them, there's no tasks that must happen *after* go/no-go
>> but *before* release readiness AFAIK, so that whole day just winds up
>> being dead time. There's no intrinsic reason they can't simply be 1hr
>> apart, as we did for 16 Final.
>>
>> So hey, if Friday's okay, we could do 'em both on Friday...
>
> Well, friday might be cutting it a bit close. I guess we can see how
> rapidly mirrors sync up for 16 and use that data to decide.
>
> I think we have a more robust mirror tiering setup now than we had in
> the past, so it may not take as long for tier0/1 mirrors to get content
> and filter it out to others.

I believe I have uttered those words before.. they are like saying "I
only have 2 days before retirement" in a movie :). In the past when we
have moved the release time closer we seem to end up with a series of
Tier-1 outages or some other issue where it takes a while to get bits
out. I would like to make sure that there are 100 hours before release
to make sure we have reasonable coverage.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren