Remote Installation Testing System Proposal

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Thu Nov 10 18:56:01 UTC 2011

On 11/10/2011 09:37 AM, Tim Flink wrote:
> This came up in the QA meeting on Monday and I've put together a
> proposal to create a minimal system as a trial.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Tflink/remote_installation_testing_proposal
>
> The idea is to have a system set up so that people can test the
> installation of Fedora without needing to download install media or
> have access to testing hardware (either bare metal or VM capable). Our
> hope is that this would increase the amount of testing done and attract
> some testers who wouldn't have tested otherwise.
>
> If this was implemented, would you use it? Would it increase the amount
> or frequency of any installer testing that you would do?
>
> Comments either here or on the proposal's wiki page would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim

I would like to participate in something like this.  I don't think it
would increase the installer testing I already do on bare metal and in a
VM, but it might depending on the convenience provided.  I think it
would greatly expedite and make easier those "hey, folks, we need a
quick test of a change and some karma" we saw a lot of in the later
stages of F16 development.

--
Regards,
OldFart