Possible rpm issue in rawhide with scripts

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Nov 15 02:04:21 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 18:37:31 -0600,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 12:30:58 -0600,
>   Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> > I have been seeing a lot of script failures when doing updates in rawhide
> > the last few days. At first I thought it was an isolated package problem,
> > but now I am thinking there might be a more general problem.
> >
> > I have seen this with kernel, various ghc packages and inn. For example:
> > Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package ghc-transformers-devel-0.2.2.0-11.fc17.3.i686
> > warning: %post(ghc-transformers-devel-0.2.2.0-11.fc17.3.i686) scriptlet failed, exit status 127
>
> Switching to permissive mode seems to help this. I have some custom modules
> and I am not sure if this is a bad interaction with these or if there is
> a problem with the targeted policy as delivered.

Probably a conflict between one of my modules and a policy update, caused
a policy update to only be partially done and then I couldn't even remove
my custom modules (using) semodule -r. So I used the recovery procedure
recommended by Dan to get back to just the normal policy, fixed my local
changes and added them back.

Most likely this was the cause of problems, but I'll keep an eye on it.