Release criteria proposal: 'support' /boot on RAID

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Nov 15 22:20:58 UTC 2011

Hey, everyone. So, right now, the Beta criteria include:

"The installer must be able to create and install to software, hardware
or BIOS RAID-0, RAID-1 or RAID-5 partitions for anything except /boot"

We specifically excepted /boot at the request of the anaconda team.
However, it seems lots of people want to do /boot on RAID and we checked
in again with the anaconda team this morning, and pjones and bcl appear
to be of the opinion that it ought to be supported. So, I'm proposing
modifying the criterion for F17 to read simply:

"The installer must be able to create and install to software, hardware
or BIOS RAID-0, RAID-1 or RAID-5 partitions"

Mo has already written up a test case for /boot on RAID which we can use
to test this in future.

Any thoughts, modifications, objections? Thanks!