2011-11-21 - Fedora QA Meeting - recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Nov 22 00:47:37 UTC 2011

As always, minutes and IRC transcript available on the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20111121

Next meeting is 2011-11-28 at 1600 UTC in #fedora-meeting. Please add
any proposed agenda items to the Wiki page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20111128 . Thanks!

TOPIC: FUDCon NA hackfest planning
	* Plan to get anaconda and QA teams together to organize/conduct
	  testing of new UI
	* We have room 3 on Sunday from 0900 to 1400
	* FUDCon is too late to notify if we need hooks written into the
	  new UI for testing
	* kparal will investigate whether such hooks are needed and
	  notify anaconda team

TOPIC: Fedora 17 Test Day planning
	* j_dulaney will act as Fedora 17 Test Day co-ordinator, adamw
	  will help him get going

TOPIC: Upcoming QA events
	* adamw will get F16 retrospective summary posted and tickets
	  filed this week
	* We need to agree on how to schedule TCs for F17 and
	  communicate that to rbergeron - scheduling them early for F16
	  seemed to be a good idea

TOPIC: AutoQA update
	* Team is still preparing for AutoQA 0.7.0 deployment: need to
	  decide when to schedule downtime
	* Test client hardware needs to be upgraded from Fedora 14 to
	  Fedora 16
	* Results mails are still disabled, need a list discussion about
	  whether to try and revive them or wait for resultsdb

TOPIC: Open floor
	* kparal asked about relative priorities of various tasks:
	  autoqa, validation test plan updates, test day organization,
	  creating test plans for major F17 features
	* adamw said they're all important but those with the skills for
	  autoqa should focus on it
	* adamw will try to ensure all outstanding tasks have tickets
	  filed by end of week
	* infrastructure team is calling for testing of a rhel6-based
	  fedorahosted.org , see
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/infrastructure/2011-November/011151.html
	  for more details