Better or advised configuration approach for Optimus based systems

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 17:10:10 UTC 2011

On Tue Nov 22 16:18:01 UTC 2011 Josh Boyer wrote:
>>On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
>> modinfo asserts:
>>
>> parm:           i915_enable_rc6:Enable power-saving render C-state 6
>> (default: true) (int)
>>
>> are you sure it's *not* the default?
>
> Yes.  Modinfo is lying to you.
>
> josh

I last tried with 3.1.0 kernel where, using systool command without
passing any options to kernel command line I got:

$ sudo systool -v -m i915
    i915_enable_rc6     = "0"

So I put the kernel command line option getting now
    i915_enable_rc6     = "1"

But I can try again with current 3.1.1-2.fc16.x86_64 if something changed...
Gianluca