proposal for naming blocker and NTH bugs

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Nov 30 02:09:23 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 18:57 -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On 29 November 2011 18:51, Andre Robatino <robatino at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > The current naming scheme for naming blocker and NTH bugs is irregular - for
> > example,
> >
> > F17Alpha
> > F17Alpha-accepted
> > F17Beta
> > F17Beta-accepted
> > F17Blocker
> > F17-accepted
> >
> > The word "Blocker" is in only one of the three blocker bugs. I also personally
> > find "accepted" more confusing than "NTH" (assuming one already knows what "NTH"
> > stands for). Since Bugzilla uses simple numbers like 17 (not F17) for the
>
> What does NTH stand for?

Nice To Have.

The process here is
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:SOP_nth_bug_process . It's the process
we use to assess and track issues which don't block releases, but are
significant enough that we'd take fixes for them through the Alpha, Beta
and Final freezes. It replaced the old 'tag request' process by which
you just requested a freeze exception ad-hoc and it was evaluated by
releng on a case-by-case basis.