Is there a need for more Xen test cases for Fedora?

Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk konrad.wilk at oracle.com
Wed Nov 30 17:32:52 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 04:54:05PM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 17:47 -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > On 29 November 2011 17:40, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> > > Hey, folks. I'm working through the f16 QA retrospective, and one of the
> > > suggestions is:
> > >
> > > "might need improved / more Xen test cases"
> > >

> > Does this mean various DomU tests or Dom0 tests?
>
> That's sort of the question, I'm asking, really!

It would be nice to expand the tests, and it kind of boils down to:

1) Does it boot
2) Does it work

The complexity is that there are three modes of this: HVM (so similar
to the KVM test-case), PV (we got that covered now), and the Dom0 (which
is mostly - does it boot and you kind of implicitly need to do this before
you can do the other two).

So I think it makes sense to add the HVM case in the test-matrix - it
is pretty simple and similar to the KVM one.

The dom0 is a bit more complex, but we already have it outlined in the
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/XenPvopsDom0 in the Documentation
part - so it should be fairly easy to lift it out of there. (adn the stuff
about the bridge is not needed anymore).