Final Release Criterion for Xen DomU

Norman Gaywood ngaywood at une.edu.au
Sun Oct 2 02:22:38 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 12:23:08PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-09-26 at 10:41 -0600, Tim Flink wrote:
> > Specifically, do we want to have Xen DomU support as a final release
> > criteria?

Just my 2c. I use Fedora Xen DomU and will be hoping to run F16 that way
when it's released.

Currently using F14 and it's solid after the awful start with:

Bug 550724 - xen PV guest kernel 2.6.32 processes lock up in D state

What would be also useful is to be able to have guests larger than 32G
without rebuilding the kernel.

--
Norman Gaywood, Computer Systems Officer
University of New England, Armidale, NSW 2351, Australia

ngaywood at une.edu.au            Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 3337
http://mcs.une.edu.au/~norm    Fax:   +61 (0)2 6773 3312