systemd update and reboot failed

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 16:31:42 UTC 2011

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 09:07:24 -0500, MC (Mike) wrote:

> On Sat, 2011-10-01 at 21:30 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > systemd-36-3.fc16 plus subpackages just came in here, I installed
> > the updates with "yum -y update". A subsequent "reboot" in the same
> > gnome-terminal didn't reboot the machine, but stopped the shutdown
> > procedure at the screen with the small fedora logo. How long should
> > I have waited there? I pressed the hardware reset button.
> >
> > Expected? Unexpected? Side-effect of anything else?
>
> There's another update if you want to try it and see if that fixes or
> stops the problem your having.
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=265920

It _is_ some sort of timeout indeed, but I only use LUKS on LVM, which
doesn't sound like "crypto-on-lvm-on-crypto disk layout" as mentioned
in the package changelog comment. Unless the fix is also for similar
setups such as mine.

Will give the koji builds a try...

--
Fedora release 16 (Verne) - Linux 3.1.0-0.rc8.git0.0.fc16.x86_64
loadavg: 0.10 0.13 0.09