Final Release Criterion for Xen DomU

Andy Burns fedora.lists at burns.me.uk
Tue Oct 4 02:00:03 UTC 2011

On 30 September 2011 20:23, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> So this discussion seems to have stalled. Tim and I are both ambivalent,
> and we got three responses that were positive but tentative or from
> 'interested parties' (no offence :>). Does anyone who doesn't have skin
> in the game have an opinion either way?

I'll just mention that as far as I'm concernd Fedora 16 boots and runs
*VERY* well as a dom0 and a domU, the sticking point is the actual
installation as a domU (the paravirtual device driver issue, probably
grub2 issues) I can get around this for my own purposes by "knife and
forking" together a system image copied from a non-xen installation,
it would be a shame to not have this feature mor easily available ...