A new applicationadded to the gnome3 favorites bar is not visible if the favorites bar is "ful"

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Thu Oct 6 13:38:19 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-10-06 at 15:09 +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
> My gnome-shell favorites bar is rather ful. Now if trying to add
> additional apps to the favorites (by activities->applications), it is
> accepted, but the apps do not appear there.
>
> If removing in this situation some item from the favorites bar, the
> first previously not visible added application *now is visible* at the
> bottom of the favorites bar.
>
> Question: Is there any chance to control the favorites bar so added apps
> are immediately visible too?
>
> (BZ #734082)

There's limited space... we do shrink items to accomodate more items,
but there's a limit where shrinking things further makes it very hard to
see and click the items. I think the limit is 13.

Or are you describing some other problem where the dash does not show
your additions despite more space being available ?