FC16 nfs-utils problem

Ralf Grosse-Kunstleve rwgrosse-kunstleve at lbl.gov
Fri Oct 7 08:11:34 UTC 2011

Hi Adam,

> It's nfs-server.service .

Thanks a lot. That got me on the right track.
I still had a bit of a struggle, for two reasons:

The exports appear to work only if the client hostnames are listed in
/etc/hosts. Is this a new requirement? Is there an option to make it work
with hostnames served via DNS? (I have many machines with Fedora 3-15 almost
all versions, with these the exports work from DNS).

I reboot the FC16 machine and find that nfs-server.service is "dead".
rebooting immediately without changing anything the service comes up alive.
Seems to be random. Maybe 50-50 chance that the service is up. Could this be
a bug?

Ralf