unable to install f16 live to machine

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 12:07:05 UTC 2011

--- On Thu, 10/6/11, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> From: Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: unable to install f16 live to machine
> To: "For testing and quality assurance of Fedora releases" <test at lists.fedoraproject.org>
> Date: Thursday, October 6, 2011, 3:42 PM
> On Thu, 2011-10-06 at 15:27 -0700,
> Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > Dear folks,
> >
> > I am running Fedora 16 Live Beta CD and in fallback
> mode, but cannot install it.  I select Install to CD
> from System Menu entry and it does nothing in this case.
> >
> > I am happy to report that the machine runs from
> livecd.  No version of Fedora since Fedora 13 has run
> on this machine for a good while.  I had tried several
> livecds(Fedora Live) and none ran, they always bombed out
> with snd_hda errors that I had reported before, but the
> bugzilla was closed and I could not submit any information
> to developers on this machine.
> >
> > http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_3a0479b3-b230-4b68-91aa-d8011e04ea1c
> >
> > is the smolt profile from livecd.  I click on
> install to disk but it is failing.  How much disk space
> is needed?  I have 12 GB free on a 40 GB hard drive, I
> believe I should be able to install it there.
> >
> > Any thoughts?  Or I can't install it here?
>
> Open a console and run 'liveinst', that's the only way we
> can actually
> tell why it's not running.
> --

Thank you very much Adam for your input.  Here's what comes out:

[liveuser at localhost ~]$ liveinst

^C
[liveuser at localhost ~]$ Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/anaconda-cleanup", line 88, in <module>
    devicetree.populate(cleanupOnly=True)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pyanaconda/storage/devicetree.py", line 1836, in populate
    self._populate(progressWindow)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pyanaconda/storage/devicetree.py", line 1873, in _populate
    self.topology = devicelibs.mpath.MultipathTopology(udev_get_block_devices())
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pyanaconda/storage/udev.py", line 87, in udev_get_block_devices
    stdout = "/dev/tty5", stderr="/dev/tty5")
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pyanaconda/iutil.py", line 144, in execWithRedirect
    proc.wait()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1270, in wait
    pid, sts = _eintr_retry_call(os.waitpid, self.pid, 0)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 478, in _eintr_retry_call
    return func(*args)
KeyboardInterrupt
^C

The process just sits there, I used CTRL+C to kill it, upon doing this I get above message.  I want to install F16 on this machine, because no Fedora since F13 has run on it :(

Regards,

Antonio