tracker-miner-fs consuming lots of CPU?

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.us
Sun Oct 9 02:27:17 UTC 2011

I don't know whether Tracker is new or just updated in F16. I certainly
never noticed it running on my system before upgrading recently to F16.

What I'm noticing now is that it's tacking up a huge amount of CPU. Not
disk I/O, mind you, but CPU. Right now it's consuming well over 50% of
one of my CPU's on an ongoing basis.

I upgraded to F16 days ago, so if what it's doing is something annoying
like indexing every file on the filesystem, one would think it would
have finished by now.

Anybody else seeing anything like this? Known issue? Open bug?

Thanks,

   jik