install to hard disk doesn't start

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Sun Oct 9 20:10:27 UTC 2011

I grabbed Fedora-16-Beta-i686-Live-Desktot, burned it, and booted it.
The live desktop comes up, I can start Terminal, and I can start Firefox.
But when I try to start Install to hard drive, I see the spinning
cursor for about 12 seconds and then nothing.  How do I start Install
from the command line?  (Perhaps that will give me more feedback.)
Is there some place install writes out log messages?

This happens on an Old Dell Inspiron E1405.  The same disk booted on
a Lenovo T400 does allow me to start up Install to hard disk.
--
	--Per Bothner