updates testing report kind of broke

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Mon Oct 10 15:27:40 UTC 2011

On 10/09/2011 11:39 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> Or as intended, because the older reports became less readable due to
> updates containing N>1 packages. Also see
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2011-October/103410.html
> which sums it up.

  Says someone else doesn't like the new email format either ... we went
from "less readable" to unreadable ... not sure we gained in that regard :-)

> An alternative is to use rss2email and subscribe to the RSS feeds
> listed at:  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/
> Then you would get one mail per update, with a proper subject line,
> including the update "Notes" and links to the tickets. That also
> makes it much more simple to filter for favourite packages or to
> move individual updates onto your private todo list.

 If there is a nice way to send emails - why not make it part of the
official emails?

 Now each of us have to go scrape a website to get same info - whereas
before I glanced at the email - and went to bodhi as needed to learn
more ...

 I'd prefer the email which had no links and more info than good links
and less info ...

  Anyway .. thanks for info ...