grub conflicts grub2

Christian Menzel christian.menzel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 17:56:22 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 7:31 PM, Jurgen Kramer <gtmkramer at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-10-10 at 13:14 -0400, Genes MailLists wrote:
> > On 10/10/2011 12:59 PM, Jurgen Kramer wrote:
> >
> > > If we're really talking EFI here it should really be grub2-efi-mkconfi
> > > -o /boot/grub2-efi/grub.cfg and grub2-efi-install (without arguments).
> > >
> > > But grub2-efi is not installed by default.
> > >
> > > Jurgen
> > >

> >   Hmmm .. is it still buggy? If not it probably should be available by
> > default as all new computers use UEFI ...
> It works for me on a 2011 macmini. YMMV.

Ok, I'm ready to give it a try, but could you advise me which directory to
use for grub.cfg?

Anaconda created a vfat partition on sda1 which is mounted under /boot/efi
and an ext4 partition on sda2 mounted under /boot.
The grub.conf is located at /boot/efi/EFI/redhat/.
Should I let grub2-efi-mkconfig create grub.cfg under /boot/efi? Or should I
mount sda1 as /boot an create the config file in /boot/grub2-efi then?

Chris