screen dimming when mouse moved

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Mon Oct 10 23:17:22 UTC 2011

Beta 16 on Dell E1405 is borderline unusable because of screen
dimming.  I can use the appropriate Fn key to brighten the screen,
but it doesn't stay bright very long.  Worse/stranger: If after
increasing brightness I wait a minute or two, and then type a key
(or move the mouse) the screen immediately dims.  Perhaps some
sensor or logic is backwards?

In addition, there doesn't seem to be any controls for adjusting
power settings and brightnes, and there is no power applet in the top bar.
At least not with the default install from the live CD.

(A general problem is the lack of discoverability of how to control Fedora.
A base live install is missing a lot of tools, and it's not obvious how
to figure out what needs to be installed.)
--
	--Per Bothner