tracker-miner-fs consuming lots of CPU?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 07:51:36 UTC 2011

On 10/12/2011 06:57 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-10-08 at 22:27 -0400, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
>
>> Anybody else seeing anything like this? Known issue? Open bug?
>
> I'd say it's a 'known issue' in the sense that every freaking 'desktop
> search' mechanism I've ever come across has been riddled with bugs like
> this, yet people keep writing the darn things...

Yes, because it serves a real need.  I would love to use it myself  and
I was using tracker earlier for sometime and it did make my life better
and if not for the bugs, I would still be using it.  Bunch of issues
still need to be fixed however

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/desktop/2011-September/007395.html

Rahul