dualbooting with f16beta

Moritz Baumann mo at mo.homeip.net
Wed Oct 12 22:44:10 UTC 2011

Hi there,

I have problems with booting into window$ after installing linux.

disk setup (all sata2/3)

p1: 120GB gpt windows7 64bit (EFI)
p2: 3TB gpt
( p3: 3TB (truecrypt volume) )
p4: DVD

I installed win7 via efi first (with other disks unplugged)

Now I tried several things (with all disks but p2 unplugged):

a) install f16beta via efi
b) install F16beta via bios

since I wanted to split p2 with ~600GB linux rest windows data I always
chose:

custom partitioning with anaconda

500MB /boot

500000MB LVM for the rest of OS

mtpoint			name 	size 	fs
/			root	8192	ext4
/usr			usr	32768	xfs
/var			var	8192	xfs
/home			home	65536	xfs
/tmp			tmp	8192	ext4
/var/lib/libvirt 	libvirt 150000	ext3
swap				8192	swap

with a) I had an additional /boot/efi of 128MB vfat

with b) I chose an additional <boot-mbr> (can't remember the name) of 2 MB.

After install i connected the other drives again.

Both systems were bootable for a time via

[f8] choose boot device from "bios"

but after a time the efi install broke and booted in windows as well.

My question is how do i setup multiboot with (at least windows,
preferrably both os booting via EFI)?

Best,
Moritz Baumann