Release Criteria Proposal: Xen DomU

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Thu Oct 13 19:06:06 UTC 2011

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 12:54:12 -0600
Tim Flink <tflink at redhat.com> wrote:

> After discussions both here and on devel@, there have been no
> objections to adding Xen DomU (guest) support as a release criterion
> for Fedora 16.

I probably should have included this in the previous message, but just
to be 100% clear:

 - I am not proposing Dom0 issues as release blockers or NTH because
   those can be fixed with updates. DomU issues are much harder to fix
   once the release has gone gold.

 - Blocker/NTH status or the lack thereof doesn't track to caring
   whether or not Xen works @ release time.
    * Blocker means that we will hold up the release of Fedora until
      the issue is fixed.
    * NTH means that we won't hold up release for a bug but fixes will
      be allowed past the code freeze but before the release.

Tim