dualbooting with f16beta

Al Dunsmuir al.dunsmuir at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 14 03:26:27 UTC 2011

On Thursday, October 13, 2011, 11:20:35 PM, Al wrote:
> On Thursday, October 13, 2011, 9:37:13 PM, Adam wrote:
>> Erm, if you're doing a live install you can just run a terminal.

> Ahhhhh.    For  some  reason,  that never occurred to me.

By  the way, the F15 beta was the first release that I'd even used the
LiveCD,  and  then  only to see which of my systems supported the full
Gnome  Shell.  I  only  installed on that one system over Ubuntu since
their Unity Shell only displayed a blank screen.

As an aside on the same hardware F15/F16 both use Gnome fallback mode.
The  latest  Ubuntu  11.10 i386 beta 2 Unity shell finally showed full
3D.

This  is an older Dell GX270 with ATI Radeon 7500 video. Whatever came
of  Ajax's efforts during the late F15 timeframe to let us do software
3D (slowly) on older hardware so Gnome Shell would be more available?

Al